Hello world!

A forum for the discussion of anything not strictly related to investing in SaaS stocks or the philosophy behind investing in such stocks. This can include discussions of portfolio management, options strategies, and other topics related to the core discussion of investing in and evaluating SaaS companies. This can also include truly off-topic discussions like speculative stocks, hypergrowth, small bio-tech stocks, and cryptocurrencies.
technicalrise2

Hello world!

Post by technicalrise2 »

Hi there! Welcome to the SaaS investor board. I have been a longtime lurker on Saul's Investing Discussions for the past several years, but for a variety of reasons I decided I wanted to start a forum dedicated specifically to SaaS stocks. I realized it would only cost about $10 to do it, so I figured I would start it up and see what developed.

So why start a new forum outside of Saul's forum? A few reasons:

First, Saul keeps his forum extremely tightly moderated. While I appreciate that, there is a great deal of sentiment that gets lost when a forum is moderated so closely. To be sure, it keeps the emphasis where it should be, on solid and useful financial information about individual companies, but in market downturns Saul's forum can be a cold place because he does not permit poster's discuss, e.g., what's going on in the market.

Second, and relatedly, the technology for Saul's forum is not very amenable to customization. His board is hosted by The Motley Fool and while that company is great and its forums are great, using our own phpBB installation we can do a lot more to customize the board experience to make it tailored to our goal of discussing great SaaS companies. We can pin and thread posts, create better custom formatting for displaying financial information, and just generally improve the experience of discussing SaaS stocks.

Third, Saul's forum is focused on hypergrowth stocks when the real revolution in business is the evolution of SaaS stocks. Hypergrowth companies have existed for all time, and there is a place to discuss them (for example, in this off-topic forum on this board, and if needed, a separate forum for "hypergrowth companies" if we need to make one). But hypergrowth as a phenomenon is easy-come, easy-go. Companies like Microsoft, Adobe, Salesforce, and even Apple, however, are fundamentally changing just how profitable a modern corporation can be. These companies are truly a new phenomenon the world has never seen before, and it is figuring out how to accurately value and invest in these companies (both emerging and mature) that this website is really about.

I look forward to posting about SaaS stocks with all of you in the days, weeks, and years to come!

** Perhaps a modestly biographical post about me will come soon as well.